Published on September 21st, 20150
10 reasons to rock those curves
In an age where fat shaming and body image issues prevail, we list 10 reasons why you should celebrate your curves.
by Beverley Lewis
Skinny models have always been featured on catwalks, pages of fashion magazines and coffee table books. The status quo, in fashion, has always been the skinny girl. But, things are now changing for curvy women, thanks to some bloggers, plus-size models, fashionistas and even advertising campaigns, which have been gushing about curvy women. Even popular artists like Meghan Trainor have been pushing the body positive manifesto with songs about embracing one’s curves. So, without further ado, here’s are our top 10 reasons for embracing and flaunting your inner Vidya Balan.
1. You don’t need to spend your hard-earned money on padded bras or implants.
2. If Danish researchers are to be believed, curvy women are more likely to live longer than their skinny counterparts because our hip fat contains anti-inflammatory properties, which may prevent the arteries from getting clogged. So, good news for most Indian women.
3. Curvy women’s bodies are perfect for cuddling and hugging.
4. Some of the sexiest women like Beyonce, Sonakshi Sinha and Salma Hayek have stunning curves, which they are not afraid to flaunt.
5. Most curvy girls enjoy a hearty curry now and again and are not afraid to reach for seconds and then finish off with dessert.
6. Since most curvy girls like eating good food, we do know our way around the kitchen.
7. We still haven’t jumped on the whole gluten-free bandwagon and enjoy a dish full of pasta or a nice big bowl of rajma chawal, guilt-free.
8. According to a study conducted by Oxford University, curvy women with big butts are more likely to have healthy children because their bodies contain high amount of Omega-3 fatty acids. Another reason to celebrate that booty.
9. Just walk into the Louvre or simply visit the temples of Khajuraho and you’ll see that in the past, curvy women have always been associated with beauty and sex appeal.
10. Men can’t resist women with curves. Scientific research proves that men are genetically wired to be sexually attracted to a woman with curves. So, go ahead ladies, shake what your mama gave you.
(Picture courtesy wallpapers.brothersoft.com)